General Rules of Admission
N.B. Admission to all classes is subject to availability of seats.
Admission to B.A./ B.Sc.(Medical/Non-Medical/IT/Comp.Sc./Economics)/BCA/B.Com./BBA/Bachelor of Design(Multimedia)/Bachelor of Design(Interior)/B.Com (Financial Serice) MA Economics, M.Com.(Finance and Accounts), M.Sc. (Maths) and M.Sc. (Computer Science),Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA) is going on and will continue as per the schedule given below:
Dates tentatively to be enforced during the session 2019-2020
|Admission Deadlines fixed by GNDU|
|Normal date of Admission by the College.||July 7, 2019|
|Admission by the college with late fee of Rs. 50||July 8, 2019 to July14,2019|
|Admission with late fee of Rs. 100 but with the permission of the Dean||July 15, 2019 to July30, 2019|
|Admission with late fee of Rs 1000 but with the permission of Vice Chancellor||July 31, 2019 to Aug. 6, 2019|
|Admission with late fee of Rs. 5000 but with the permission of syndicate of GNDU||Aug.7, 2019 to Aug. 13, 2019|
1. Applicants for admission must be present at the College with the following documents:
a) Original University/Board Certificates and College last attended by the applicant.
b) Character Certificate from the Head of the School or College last attended by the applicant.
c) Residential proof.
d) Eligibility Certificate issued by GNDU to the students who have passed their qualifying examination from another institution except from PSEB, Punjab University and Punjabi University. For securing Eligibility Certificate, a candidate must apply on a prescribed form with a fee of Rs. 300/- along with the following documents:
(i) Original Certificate and DMC of lower class passed.
(ii) Original Migration Certificate of the Board/University from where a candidate has passed his/her lower examination.
e) SC/ST candidates are to submit certificate from competent authority.
f) For proficiency in sports/extra curricular activities, relevant certificates must be submitted.
The last date for obtaining the Eligibility Certificate is as per GNDU guidelines.
2. Candidates, whose applications for admission are accepted provisionally, shall be considered only when they have paid their dues and have made available to the College office the information that is lacking and fulfilled the conditions stipulated for regular admission.
While seeking admission, a student must submit four latest passport size photos along with his/her admission form, failing which his/her admission would be considered invalid.
3. The admission of a candidate shall be deemed valid only if he/she deposits his/her fees and other dues in the College and obtains the Roll Number Slip immediately after the Principal has put his signature on the admission form granting him/her admission.
4. Students, whose results are declared late by the University/Board or who seek admission to technical institutions but do not succeed therein, can join the College within ten days of publication of the results, as the case may be, without the payment of late fee fixed by the University/Board as per rules. This, however, is subject to availability of seats in the College.
5. Fees/dues once paid to the College shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
6. The Principal reserves with himself the right to grant or refuse admission to any student without assigning any reason there to.
7. Regular students of the College are not allowed to appear in the University Examinations as private candidates.
8. Students having passed the lower/qualifying examination through non-formal schemes shall not be allowed to join the next higher class in the College as a regular student.
9. No student shall be admitted to the first semester of BA/B.Sc./B.Com./B.Sc. (Eco.)/ B.CA / B.Sc. (IT) unless he/she has successfully completed 12 years of schooling from Board.
10. Only the following categories of students shall be allowed to take up Basic Punjabi in lieu of General Punjabi at the Degree level:
a) Non-Resident Indians or Foreign Nationals.
b) Those who have passed Matric and/or Senior (+2) Examination with Punjab History and Culture in place of General Punjabi.
c) Residents of other States of the Union of India whose mother-tongue is not Punjabi and who have not studied Punjabi at any level.
d) Those who are not domiciles of the State of Punjab. (Domicile Certificates in such cases are to be submitted to the College office along with applications for admission).
A student from any of the aforesaid categories shall have to furnish to the College an affidavit, duly attested by the local Executive Magistrate, on a stamped paper deposing his/her entitlement to take up Basic Punjabi in lieu of General Punjabi, at the time of admission.
Note: The Principal reserves the right to levy a uniformness for meeting expenditure on unforeseen and emergent development projects of the College.